- rehearsed with my other band (duo), The Shallows. We are recording in June, the weekend before work starts on the new Linus EP.
- saw Electrelane at the Scala. It's the first time I've seen Ros play bass with them. It was pretty staggering. I'll write some more about this at some point. Attended the show with rustystiletto, filmmaker Lucy T, and accomodatingly's pal Sara who was in London briefly doing interviews with various people (including sweetpizza, drummygirl, and me) involved in ye olde riot grrrl. Saw Jon Huggy, who needs a haircut, but is otherwise on good form, and a guy called Chris who I haven't seen for ten years and doesn't seem to have changed at all.
- took my mum (in town on her way to see my favourite cousin, who is very ill) to the launch for Amy Spencer's book DIY: the Rise of Lo-Fi Culture, at the Horse Hospital near Russell Square. Nice venue. Michal Cupid was DJing and looking none too well. winstonecho sang a bit (unamplified when the mic broke, sort of a Cliff-Richard-at-Wimbledon moment), dickon_edwards read his first-ever online diary entry from 1997 - which mentioned Linus, to my great surprise - and Amy Prior and Frances from Plan B magazine also did a bit of reading. Francois played musical accompaniment to his charming animated film shorts, and we had to leave as Lesbo Pig were about to start. I chatted with Elvina, another old face from the early 90s.
- went over to sweetpizza's to do a bit of band stuff. We have some fun things planned for our website, which will be added during the summer & announced on our mailing list, so if you're not on it yet...
- visited my old friend Lee over in darkest West London for the first time in ages. He has offered to loan me some tasty computer kit when he upgrades his machine, and I've been trying to carve out some free time to go over there for a while. He is a voracious reader of history and politics and I realised I'd missed his perspective on the global events of recent times.
Finally I (reluctantly, but I was knackered) skipped seeing Ana da Silva at Mofo & spent the next 33 hours in Brixton with S. Finally a lie-in together with few pressing tasks to distract us. Sunny Sunday was lovely.